This question has always lingered in my mind as to how i would like to present and share information to my PE students.
After study and research i stumbled acroos a website called "Sport Coaching Brain" which outlines 101 coaching tips which i believe is extremely helpful to a teacher as well.
The ideas that caught my attention were:
- develop communication skills and never stop trying
- learn to use technology
- never stop learning
- be open-minded
- accept criticism
- allocate time
- steal ideas from other sports
- develop coach idependent athletes
- listen with eyes and watch with ears
- coach person not performance
- communicate - clearly, concisely, calmly and constructively
- be willing to share
- be enthusiatic
- be flexible
- do your homework
- inspire your athletes.
This website was influential and I believe a great source to refer to as a beginning coach or teacher entering the sporting industry and stuck with how to present their ideas and share information to their team and class.
Sports Coaching Brain. 2013. 101 Coaching Tips. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.sportscoachingbrain.com/101-coaching-tips/. [Accessed 09 May 13].